ALSN invites applications/nominations for the Suzanne Smith Memorial Scholarly Writing Award. This award is given to recognize excellence in scholarly writing by an ALSN member that advances the knowledge of nursing leadership science. This award is given yearly at the International ALSN Conference.
Applications/nominations must be received by 30-June
- ALSN member in good standing.
- Nominee has not previously received the award.
- Nominee must be the primary author of the article (either first or senior author).
- Journal article must be published or e-published ahead of print between June 2021 and June 2023.
Each Application/Nomination should include the following:
- Cover page: Include name of nominated individual, name of person making the nomination (self or other), and the complete citation for the journal article (author(s), year, title, journal, volume, pages).
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae (including a list of all publications).
- Personal statement (1 page or less): this statement should concisely assess how this study or article: 1) provided major new insights in nursing leadership research, practice, and/or education; and 2) is innovative in approach or solution to an important challenge relevant to nursing leadership.
- Copy of a single journal article most reflective of the nominee’s contribution. Submissions with more than 1 article will be rejected.